To learn more about Alateen, what happens at meetings, why you might want to attend, or if you are a parent or professional of a young person with alcoholism in a friend or family member, Click Here to be taken to the Alateen section of our World Service Office website. In this section, the following topics (and more) are covered:
- Why should I attend Alateen?
- How will Alateen help me?
- What is a meeting like?
- Read Alateen stories
- Alateens talk about Alateen
- Try an Alateen chat meeting
- How can I help my children?
- Professionals talk about Alateen
- And more!
Alateen is part of Al-Anon Family Groups. Alateen is a fellowship of young Al-Anon members, usually teenagers, whose lives have been affected by someone else’s drinking. Alateen groups are sponsored by Al-Anon members who help the group to stay on track. Alateens come together to:
- share experiences, strength and hope with each other
- discuss difficulties
- learn effective ways to cope with problems
- encourage one another
- help each other understand the principles of the Al-Anon program